We’ve compiled a list of the questions we get asked the most often. To jump to the section you’re most interested in, simply scroll below
What are the requirements for opening a personal account with your bank?
- An identity card or passport (copy and original).
- Minimum opening balance where applicable.
- A duly-filled accounts opening form.
What is the duration of opening an account?
An account is usually activated the same day a customer applies.
The ATM Card is usually given a week later after the customer pays the required amount.
In case of any delays, the customer should contact their branch for more information.
How can one retrieve their card pin if they forget or lose them?
One should either go to the branch at the self-service area for assistance or call our contact center team to have the pin reset.
What are the requirements for opening a current account?
- Identity card – both copy and original
- Minimum opening balance
How can I get a personal loan?
Minimum requirements include:
- Identity card both original and copy
- PIN card both original and copy
- Salary slips for the last 3 months
- How long does it take a loan to be approved by the bank?
Can one get a loan using a title deed? And what are the requirements for one to get a loan?
Yes. It is possible for one to get a loan using a title deed but it depends on the type of loan needed.
The requirements of getting a loan depend on the type of loan and can only be communicated at the branch after the customer identifies the type of loan.
How can I open a bank account for my business?
All it requires is for you to come to the branch with the following:
- Original and copy of ID and referee for individuals.
- Originals and copies of MoU, registration certificates and the directors’ resolution to open an account with the bank.
Cheques take on average 48 hours from the time of deposit.
- Is the bank opened on weekends?
What is the maximum amount one can withdraw daily from the ATM?
The maximum ATM withdrawal is SSP. 8,000
- Why don't you inform people of new things through text messages?
Why do branches delay in processing the ATM cards?
The Bank does its best to ensure ATM cards are processed quickly.
If there is any delay the branch will alert the customer.
However, teller services are still available even when a customer does not have their ATM card.
- How can an ATM card be transferred from one branch to another and are there any charges?
At exactly what time do branches close? All at the same time or at different times?
The majority of our branches open from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm on weekdays and from 8:30 am to noon.
The Executive Banking hall and a few select branches have extended hours.
Kindly visit the Co-op Bank website https://www.co-opbankss.com/contact-us/ for more details or contact center tel: +211 921 494 670
How can I contact my nearest branch?
Branch contacts for the branch near you can be found on the Co-operative bank website.
What if I send money to the wrong number?
Call the Co-op Bank contact center immediately and they will assist in reversing the transaction before the money is withdrawn.
Call +211 921 494 670
- How can I register for mobile banking?
© 2023 Co-operative Bank of South Sudan. All Rights Reserved. Authorized financial services and registered credit provider.
Co-operative Bank is Regulated by the Bank of South Sudan.